I’m sure some of you have noticed a big story today of how David LeMieux uncovered the name of Digg users executing buries through a Digg flaw thanks to Muhammad Saleem’s report. The flaw was patched shortly giving David access to 1700+ buries including the user name and stories buried. Unfortunately, it’s a raw massive list.
I’ve calculated (and unfortunately I’m weak in this area so correct me if wrong) that 207 users executed 1665 buries (around 8 per user) after weeding out users recorded for two stories.
However, don’t take this list as the truth, as David notes elsewhere:
Yeah, the real to false ratio was about 1:4 so one out of every 4 burries was actually committed by the user. They have apparently fixed the hole, and quite quickly too.Take it with a grain of salt. Yet even with all the false data, some people are as diligent with their burying as the top submitters.
So, without further ado here are the users with most buries showing the number of buries in parentheses and a link to their profile followed by some of the most unpopular stories.
What does this tell us? Who knows. I’m not even going to comment but you’ll find some interesting discussions in the references at the very bottom.
The Top Buriers
The Most Buried Stories
- Coca-Cola redesigns cans(26)
- PICTURE: Geeky Girlfriend Makes A World Of Warcraft Themed B-Day Cake(26)
- How About a Mouse and Keyboard to Go With That Vista?(22)
- Heroes Company Man Recap(17)
- Top 50 Things To Do To Stop Global Warming(17)
- BBC Reported Building 7 Had Collapsed 20 Minutes Before It Fell(17)
- Killer Mac Setup – Floating 24-inch iMac(16)
- New Leopard Screenshot Gallery at Think Secret (Build 9A343)(14)
- Top 500 images on the Internet!!(12)
- U.S. forces in Iraq say found more Iran-made weapons(12)
- Tranparent Screen Trick + Tutorial(11)
- Pictures of Mario and other Nintendo 8-bit Artwork – AMAZING(9)
- How to be a Terrible Network Admin: 25 Fail-safe Tips(9)
- Top 10 Google Myths(9)
- WTC 7 collapse announced on the news before the event(9)
- 9/11 Anomaly: Insider Trading(8)
- Never Again? Jewish Kindergarten Hit by Smoke Bomb, Swastikas(8)
- Carpenter Marlene Cruz Proves Pre-planted Explosives in WTC Basement(7)
- Transform Gmail Into Your Personal Nerve Center(7)
- Hillary’s inconvenient oversight(7)
- Obama closing in on Hillary(7)
- Gmail for everyone !(7)
- IS WTC7 THE SMOKING GUN OF 9/11?(7)
- The Pope speaks out against designer babies(7)
- Keepin’ it real fake, part XLVII: Offline Google store(7)
- Microsoft Donates to Katrina Rebuilding(7)
- Lowes Steals Money From Old Lady’s House, Threaten To Sue Her For Slander(7)
- What it’s really like to switch to a Mac(7)
- Ask for Linux(6)
For those of you that want to see the whole list and play with the data, I’ve made the CSV file and some of the raw processed stuff. I’d throw in the amateur scripts I used too but it would be too embarrassing to publish.